23 students from Lindfield East Public School, Killara High School and Menindee Central School have been greatly congratulated for participating in the Deli in the park Art Awards.
The Federal Member for the Bradfield electorate, Paul Fletcher, attended the ceremony and was thoroughly pleased with the works of all the students.
The Deli in the Park Art Awards is an initiative of Bradfield locals Mark Cepak and Bobby Ivanhoff. Celebrating artistic talent and designed to foster collaboration and understanding between two local schools and the Menindee Central School, it is a celebration of art and culture.
“I am delighted to participate in the Awards and see the student’s works for 2014. The standard of work was very high again this year,” Fletcher said.
Five main awards were presented across age categories and a People’s Choice Award was presented by Rick Ball a teacher at Menindee Central School.
‘The Deli in the park Art Awards began in 2012 and have grown and matured in that time. It is a great collaboration between two north shore schools and a school from a very different landscape in far western NSW. I always enjoy the opportunity of seeing what the students come up with each year,’ Mr Fletcher said.
The winning paintings will be on display at the Deli in the park, East Lindfield for the next few weeks and celebrate the accomplishments of:
- Kindergarten to year 2 category – Archie Leacy – Lindfield East Public School
- Years 3-6 category – Yan Ohanessian – Lindfield East Public School
- Years 7-9 category – Michael Salisbury Killara High School
- Years 10-12 category – Dylan Mackey joint winner Killara High School and Joseph Newman, Menindee Central School
- People’s Choice Award – Dylan Mackey