Are we missing your club? Add it here.
North Turramurra Football ClubNorth Turramurra Football Club
BiographyNo Image Available
North Turramurra started in 1957 as North Turramurra Junior Soccer Club and later it became know as North Turramurra Junior & Sports Club. Founder members of KDSA were, among others, Jim Thompson, Tom Cogswell and Ted Whitehouse.
The original club strip was a black shirt with a white V, white shorts and white socks.
The history of the club is littered with families; the Cavanders, Lethorns, Onsykos, Rebertsons, Dents, Laws, Harwoods, Redfearns and the Soupidis had at least 3 boys play for the club. The Glenisters, Newells and the Soupidis had father and sons play for the club. There have even been families field 4 players in a squad, the Soupidis (father & 3 sons) and the Redfearns (4 brothers). The Cavander family from the early 60’s until the 1980’s had a family member involved either as a coach, manager, administrator or player. Additionally, Mrs.Cavander cannot be overlooked as she made and washed the players’ shirts, helped in the tuckshop and sold drinks on the side line to raise funds.
One of the notable features of North Turramurra Oval (now known as Samuel King Oval) was the tin shed on the Bobbin Head Road side of the ground. It served as dressing room, a storage shed, tuckshop, club committee meeting place and provided a place to stay out of the rain before it was replaced with the current dressing sheds.