The program is being conducted in northern Sydney council areas during August and September. It aims to control the spread of feral foxes which are threatening domestic pets and native wildlife in bushland.
The following reserves in Ku-ring-gai will be baited between 10 August and 27 September.
- Ku-ring-gai Creek Reserve, St Ives Chase
- Moores Creek Reserve, East Lindfield and Roseville Chase
- Old She Oak Reserve, East Killara
- St Ives Tree Tip Reserve, St Ives
- Surgeon White Reserve, St Ives
- Cowan Creek Reserve, St Ives Chase and North Turramurra
- Bradley Reserve, Wahroonga
- Sheldon Forest, Pymble
- Troon Creek Reserve/Rofe Park, Pymble and Turramurra
Fox baits can poison animals. Dog and cat owners should ensure their pets do not enter affected reserves during the baiting period. Temporary signage will be placed in these locations and local vets have been advised of the baiting program.
For enquiries contact the Bushland Operations Coordinator on 9424 0000.