The AWOL Youth Hub next to Gordon Library is offering help to HSC students in the lead-up to the exams.
The centre is offering a one-day workshop to Year 12 students on how to remain calm and positive during the HSC study and examination period. The workshop is on Monday 22 September between 10am and 4pm.
The one-day workshop will teach students some vital stress-busting techniques that will allow them to stay focussed during this critical period in their lives.
The workshop is hosted by a yoga and meditation practitioner who specialises in helping young people relax. Elke will focus on the following ‘power’ techniques:
- The Power of Timing (following individual bio rhythms for effective studying)
- The Power of Study Breaks (right timing, best ways to rest)
- The Power of Nutrition (food that helps study)
- The Power of Moving (exercises and stretching for effective study breaks)
- The Power of Expectations (a reality check on goals & expectations)
- The Power of Relaxation (techniques to calm down, de-stress and get through the exams)
Only 30 spaces are available at the workshop so early bookings are essential; email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9424 0994. Payment of $40 per person must be received in advance.
Where: AWOL Youth Hub, next to Gordon Library 799 Pacific Highway Gordon
When: Monday 22 September between 10am and 4pm
Bookings and more info: email email@example.com or phone 9424 0994